Diagnostic Sleep Testing
Chicagoland's leader in diagnosing and treating adult and pediatric sleep disorders
What is Diagnostic Sleep Testing?
Merit offers assessment and diagnosis for over 100 sleep disorders at home and or in a sleep testing center that monitors stages of sleep, breathing patterns, heart activity, blood oxygenation and many other physiologic variables. In order to receive proper treatment, a sleep test is the first step on the road to better sleep.
When is a Sleep Test Apprpriate?
It is important to know the signs of a sleep disorder and discuss your symptoms with your physician. You may have a sleep disorder if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you snore?
- Do you feel excessively tired during the day?
- Do you fall asleep while watching TV, reading, riding in or driving a car?
- Do you have frequent awakenings at night?
- Do you wake up with a headache?
- Are you overweight?
Children with sleep disorders experience:
- Tiredness and irritability
- Easy frustration
- Difficulty focusing attention
- Inability to reason and think abstractly
- Difficulty modulating impulses and emotions
Services We Offer:
- Patient screenings
- Physician pre-test and post-test consultations
Fully attended, in-lab studies including:
- Diagnostic Test
- Titration Test
- Split Night Test
- Daytime Test
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test
- Home sleep test
- Pap Nap (CPAP desensitization, mask fitting, air pressure adjustments)
- Protocols for determining the needs for future diagnostic testing of suspected sleep disorders
- CPAP therapy (set-up, compliance and monitoring)
- Ongoing CPAP maintenance supplies
Benefits of a Good Night’s Sleep:
A number of vital tasks are carried out during sleep that help maintain good health and enable you to function at your best. Not only does the quantity of your sleep matter, but the quality of your sleep is even more important.
A good night’s sleep improves your:
- Energy level
- Mental functioning
- Ability to lose weight
- Overall quality of life
Sleep Hygiene (Recommended for all):
- Maintain a regular bed and wake time schedule
- Establish a regular bedtime routine
- Create a sleep-conducive environment
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow
- Finish eating 2-3 hours before bedtime
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol prior to bedtime
Experience The Difference:
- Comfortable, hotel-like rooms with private bathrooms with showers (adult and pediatric)
- Convenient sleep lab locations or in the convenience of your home
- We perform all patient insurance verification and pre-authorizations
- Complete care coordination including testing, CPAP therapy, compliance, ongoing patient follow-up and CPAP supply management
- Fast, detailed results within 2-4 days
- Patients receive extensive CPAP training, education and follow-up to ensure compliance and success
- Patient’s physicians can use web-based software to monitor CPAP usage, mask leakage, AHI and pressure statistics without requiring an office visit
Mask fittings and patient therapy setups may be completed at office locations, sleep centers, physician’s office, home or work
How to Make a Referral or Start Services
Simply call, fax or email us at: