Lexington Hospice is a medical specialty that provides comfort, dignity and end of life care. Lexington Hospice treats the entire patient and their family when illness no longer responds to cure-oriented therapies. Lexington Hospice partners with you in providing quality compassionate end of life care.
Our helping hands include:
- Physicians who provide face to face care when needed.
- Nursing staff who works with you and your physician in developing a plan of care that includes symptom and pain management.
- Social Workers assist patient and family, offering counseling, emotional support and end of life planning.
- Chaplains, whose ministry extends beyond religious preferences, helping you seek inner peace.
- Volunteers who touch hearts by providing respite, companionship and friendship.
- Bereavement specialists who offer guidance during your journey through grief and loss.
- Other support may include dietary guidance, physical therapy, psycho-social evaluations and a wide variety of holistic support services.
In our hands you can expect that:
- We will focus on helping you live your life as fully as possible, by tailoring our services to your needs and even wants. You will remain in control of your life.
- We bring our care to you at your place of residence or where ever you desire to receive your care.
- We send a team of experienced and specially trained professionals to you, whose focus is to help both you and your family physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- We will consult with your physician in the management of any pain and symptoms you may experience. We also have professionals that will come to you as needed to consult in ensuring you remain free of any and all distressing symptoms.
- We include your family or whomever you have chosen to be involved and support them and you through your illness.
- You are not alone. We will be at your side or available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
When is hospice appropriate?
- If you are ready to make that change from aggressive treatments to compassionate and comforting care with a focus on dignity then it is time for Lexington Hospice.
- When you are ready to be surrounded by your loved ones and those providing you with comfort and compassion, how and when you want it, then it is time for Lexington Hospice.
- When you are ready to take back control of your life, then is the time for Lexington Hospice
When you are ready, we are ready to help.